Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday!!!!!!

Week 1 is in the books at the new place.

For those who don't know, I've worked for myself for 12 years. I got bought out, and now manage a new department. This is a good thing for two reasons. First, cash flow is someone else's problem, as long as they Cut The Check to me every two weeks. Second, I get to do what I am absolutely best at, and the three million other things that go along with small business ownership are off my plate. Withholdings, collection calls, accounting, blah blah blah blah blah. Not. My. Problem.

This is still a small company, people-wise, 40-ish I'd say. People are open to suggestions, people work together well, and seem to have fun.

I've found out who some of the hardest workers are, who some of the shirkers are, who plays the office drama, etc.

Now, to put together a hardware and software list...