How come ABC Sunday Night football gets a good song with an interesting mash-up of artists (50 Cent, Perry Farrell, and more), while the best NBC Sunday Night Football could come up with was Faith Hill doing a 78-year-old Joan Jett song? And MNF still has that fucking Hank Williams IVIVXICLMIXVMCLI catastrophe?
Anyway, one thing about not going to a football school is that I have no rooting interest in any team. I can enjoy the fun and energy of a good college game no matter who's playing.
And I'm excited about this USC-Nebraska game. I'm thinking USC blowout, which is always kinda fun. But if the Huskers make a game out of it, that's even better. If Nebraska wins, then I witness a huge upset, and I get to enjoy the collapse of all the punditry that not only has this USC team going undefeated like it's a given, they practically crowned them as one of the best teams of all time before the season even started.
So, anyway. I have no dog in this hunt. I don't even have a team that I sort of adopted over the years. I just want to see a good game.
After I finish all that typing about good games and such, they put up a stat that says the Huskers under Callahan are 0-5 against ranked teams. OK, so maybe no upset today.
Also, I'm just about to hit "publish" and USC takes its first play from scrimmage 50 yards on a run play. Yeah. What's the spread on this game? (brb...) USC -10? I think I'd give the points, and take the under (50.5).
Check that. 96 yards, 4 plays, TD. Take the over.