Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Link dump

Busy busy busy, and 3 larger posts in draft mode, so here are a few interesting things:

This is absolutely stunning. I want to see this happen in person, because I still don't believe it.

Living green + gender. Brilliant post.

Every time you think the wingnuts have reached the depths of stupid and immoral, you find out they just keep digging. Determined lot, they. In a sane nation, this would be beyond comprehension.

Wingnuttia in full bloom.

Your grocery bill is only going to get worse. In other news, my brewing supply shop has 5 varieties of hops. Last year at this time, it was 25.

Our soldiers are killing themselves at alarming rates.

Arson up, trending in correlation with bankruptcy and foreclosure. Who needs jingle mail? Just burn the fucking thing down!

Another most excellent FJM beatdown.

Date-rape drugging thwarted by intended victim, aided by perpetrator's own stupidity. Ahhh, to be judge, jury, and executioner for these fucking scumbags. Now, I wouldn't call an ice dancer a "celebrity," but clearly she's not "just" JoAnne in Des Moines. That I've seen this at multiple blogs indicates that the fact that this happened to "somebody" might lead to hope about increased awareness... fuck it, who am I kidding. She was smart, and she got lucky. I can't express enough how predation makes me boil. Rrrrrrgh.

If there was ever a post that perfectly attains the balance between offense and satire, this is it. To the uninitiated, this post would probably be considered a ZOMG!!! SEXIST and HE'S MINIMIZING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE post. Sorry, but no. This is pitch-perfect commentary.

In honor of what could be the best NBA playoffs is history (following a season that got me back to about a 60% interest level in the sport), we have the Duncan Face.

CBS News should just shut down.

The Army is more strict on fat soldiers than it is on criminal ones. Of course, BMI is an accurate indicator of... nothing.