Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Music Meme!

Stolen from Kona and modified. Basically, snip the first lines of lyrics from a shuffle.

Name that song!

1) Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You (Kona)
I've never known a girl like you before
Now just like in a song from days of yore
Here you come a knockin', knockin' at my door
And I've never met a girl like you before

2) Rush - Working Man (Toast)
I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin'
Yes, I'm workin' all the time

3) Van Halen - Atomic Punk (Toast)
I am a victim of the science age, uh
A child of the storm, whoa yes
I cant remember when I was your age
For me, it says no more, no more

4) ????? - Personal Jesus (Bill)
Feeling unknown
and you're all alone,
flesh and bone,
by the telephone,
lift up the receiver,
i'll make you a believer

5) Elvis - Return to Sender (Chemist)
I gave a letter to the postman,
He put it his sack.
Bright in early next morning,
He brought my letter back.

6) AC/DC - Let Me Put My Love Into You (Toast)
Flying on a free flight
Driving all night with my machinery
Cause I
I got the power any hour

7) Blues Brothers - Hey Bartender (Bill)
I went balling the other night
I started drinking and got real tight
I blew each and all my friends
I felt so good I had to blow it again

8)
She painted a bull's eye on my mind.
No matter how I moved her aim was never high.
I guess that was what I needed at the time.

9) White Stripes - Hotel Yorba (Bill)
I was watching
With one eye on the other side
I had fifteen people telling me to move
I got moving on my mind

10) M.I.A. - Bamboo Banga (no one)
Road runner, road runner
Going hundred mile per hour
With your radio on
With your radio on


Some are easy, some are ridiculous.

I tag all y'all.