Let's go with "new-to-me" brew #1.
Magic Hat Jinx. "An Ale inspired by the doctrines of the medieval chemists."The Pour: Standard beer pour, standard head, settled pretty quickly.
The Color: Dark copper.
The Nose: Hops, straw, barnyard, orange. Erica said strawberries, but I have no idea what she's talking about.
The Taste: Hops again, with a little burnt orange flavor and a nice lingering tartness down the throat. This reminds me of a beer I brewed about a year ago. I'll have to look that recipe up.
The Verdict: B+. A different ale, and that make it stand out.
And on to #2.
Magic Hat Lucky Kat. "An IPA"The Pour: Standard beer pour, standard head, settled pretty quickly.
The Color: Orange-copper.
The Nose: Hops, orange. Erica says "bananas" this time. She's fired.
The Taste: Hoppy of course, by definition, but well-balanced. Long finish with a slightly bitter aftertaste, like orange-rind.
The Verdict: B-. Good IPA, but not memorable.