Huh.
Maybe there's hope for the Knicks yet!
Now, I gave up on then a while ago, and for a long time (the Shaq era), the NBA too. I fucking hate Shaq the basketball player. He ruined the game for a decade.
But the '06-07 season was very good, and last year was a revelation. The new blood in the league is phenomenal, there are multiple running teams as opposed to just the Suns, and there were actually some trades last year for the first time in a long time. No, Kidd wasn't going to bring the Mavericks over the top, and Shaq wasn't going to help Phoenix much, but at least some teams went for it.
I don't expect D'Antoni to lead this team to a title any time soon, but .500 usually gets you into the playoffs in the East. That's more than I've hoped for in years.