Sunday, December 14, 2008

Are you ready for some, um, football?

Here's CBS's 1:00 lineup.


Really, Jets-Bills is of national interest? The battle of the mediocre and the bad? The game with exactly zero playoff teams participating (sorry Jets, but the Pats will win the division)? Of course it's going to get wide distribution in the northeast, but what the hell is it doing on in the south, where a good southern team is playing against another southern team? I'd be pissed if I lived in Mississippi or Alabama, just a few hours away from the Titans, so I kind of started following them by osmosis if nothing else but I can't watch them play today because I'm getting two shitty teams from New York!!! The NFL sucks balls. The most anti-consumer organization I can think of.

Here's Fox's lineup. I get the TB-ATL game at 1. Thank you thank you thank you.


No rooting interest in TB v. ATL, but at least they're playoff-type teams. Garcia! [ed: Griese!] Matty Ice! I'd also take the Colts, because blowouts are always fun. Anyway, Buck and Aikman have to be wondering how they wound up with Minnesota and Arizona.

Now, for the real football:


Oh yeah, baby. Roethslsisgegrusgreorlostsberger! Flacco! The two best defenses in the league!!!1!!eleventyone!!! A shitload of beer! Sign me right the fuck up. Why anyone has to suffer through New England - Oakland is beyond me. I'm a little too close to that green blob for comfort, actually. Keep those waves away from me, man. The Oakland suck is too strong for the New England mediocrity to overcome. It still adds up to suck.

(Maps from the506.)