Thursday, April 16, 2009

More literary, and some funny

Posnanski on Frost's The Road Not Taken. Bravo. I think about this a lot. If any one thing I did, ever, was different, would I still be here where I am today? How do I balance regret with the fact that I like where I am? I have a terribly crippling conscience, among other issues I wouldn't know how to begin to describe; there are so many things I wish I'd done differently. But if I had, I wouldn't be with Erica, with a nice house in Saratoga (a great little city), doing work I enjoy and at which I excel. I try to remember that whenever I get down on myself, but it's hard sometimes.

Do you ever think about the parallel universe you? Do you ever go back to that fork in the road - maybe you had two job offers at the same time, or two people you had to choose between relationship-wise, or any similar decision point - and wonder where the other road led?

In other news, Big Daddy Drew's latest Penthouse column is hilarious. (The ads on the page seem to be work-safe.) Ahhh, macho hang-ups... always a source of amusement to me.