Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yes!

I never use the Cover Flow feature in iTunes, don't have (or plan on getting) an iPhone or an iPod Touch. Yet it always pissed me off that 90% of my library doesn't have the artwork, and that the built-in "Get Album Artwork" feature from iTunes didn't do much to rectify the situation.

I'm strange like that.

I asked my IT guy at work, and he told me MediaMonkey. Of course, that's only for PCs.

After further research, I came across "Album Cover Finder" (creative!) for my Mac.

If you don't have a large library, the free version is fine. You can update as you play. But I don't have that kind of time time, and I also rarely use iTunes itself as a player. It's just management and keeping the iPod full.

I spent the $11 on the full version, and had it plow through my 12000-song database. It found artwork for everything but my most obscure imports and Greek music. Every folder has a jpg just in case I need it for future use, all the ID3 tags are updated, and the iTunes library is updated too. Wow.

Thank you, madams and sirs.