
I watched this a couple weeks ago, but forgot to post. Watched it twice, actually, once with Erica and once with TJ.
Funny enough, touching enough. Still, I felt something lacking. (SPOILERS AHEAD!!)
I think it was the stupid plot devices that kept breaking me out of the suspension of disbelief:
- The girls running around buying what probably amounted to $600 worth of home pregnancy tests. (Tart posted about this long before I saw the movie.) You only need one box, and you're going to the doctor regardless of the result. Right?
- The guys discovering that their business idea had already been done. You know, when they first described what they were doing, I said to myself "oh, Mr. Skin!" and let it go, because who knows, maybe this movie is set in the mid 90s, and these losers/dorks/schlubs will get rich. But no - very soon after, there was some dialogue and some music that killed the benefit of the doubt I was trying to give them. I'm sorry, it's just fucking impossible that not one of them would find this out somehow, much earlier in the process. So that bugged me the whole time.
- The whole "fantasy baseball draft" thing. Really? Pete had to sneak away and lie about it? And how about the fact that there is only one draft, per league, per year? In March. Everything else can be managed via computer/phone. That pissed me off almost as much as when other movies show people "hacking," and there are all sorts of flashy 3D graphics and whatnot.
4 stars. Could have been 5 if I wasn't annoyed.