Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 Meme

From Toast, who rescued it from the bowels of kate's blog.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
I don’t recall. I’m sure there is something.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One fraternity brother had his third. Most everyone else has all they need already.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What places did you visit?
NYS, Boston, the usual. A great castle in western NY for a wedding. Beautiful place.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I dont lack for much. More money is always nice, though. More time to play golf.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I guess September 4th. That was my first day at work, working for someone else, in 11 years.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I don’t really think in those terms. I just do things. Whatever.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I’ll just keep those private, thanks.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
For me: macro lens. For Erica: a ring my brother made, with her birthstone. Together: new kitchen.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erica cranking away at her second Masters, because her job isn't enough work.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Republicans.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, life/disability insurance, gas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m a little too mellow for three reallys.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Rehab.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Play golf, knocked more movies of the Netflix queueueue, photography.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worry about money.

20. How did you spend Christmas last year?
Christmas Eve, I cooked for the MiL and SiL. Christmas Day, down in the Catskills with Mom.

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Always.

22. How many one-night stands?
Um, that would be none.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Dirty Jobs.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2007?
The usual. Dinner, etc. That’s always around the time of my party at the Saratoga Racetrack, so I usually have friends up.

25. What was the best book you read?
Cryptonomicon.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I guess the only artist that was new to me this year was Amy Winehouse.

27. What did you want and get?
A custom-fitted shirt.

28. What did you want and not get?
Xbox 360.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Superbad.

30. Did you make some new friends this year?
Not really. Some cool people at my new job, I like it there, but no friends, at least yet. I have enough friends.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A winning lottery ticket?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Basic. Jeans, polo shirts at home. Slacks and collared shirts at work.

33. What kept you sane?
I’m not sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one comes to mind.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Republicans filibustering everything, even their own bills. And the Democrats letting it go.

36. Who did you miss?
I sucks that my Dad lives in Greece.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Again, there are some cool people at work.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Just keep plugging along. But I already knew that. Having Erica around to plug away with me helps. She rocks.