...and I've depressed the fuck out of you all (8 or 9 of you), it's time to rock.
AC/DC - I think Angus Young is literally 12 years old here.
And I have a wish. I want Toast and myself to wind up in the same old-folks home. We can go on and on and on and on and on and on about Bon Scott vs. Brian Johnson. And then get our diapers changed. And start all over again.
I'm on the bluesy Bon Scott-era AC/DC side, btw.
Iron Maiden - I've posted this in my newsletter, but this is an insane song. One of the best metal songs ever. And of all the crazy coincidences, it JUST came up on my iTunes shuffle as I was pasting this link.
Judas Priest - Doing Joan Baez. One of my favorite juxtapositions ever. But wow, I didn't realize Halford had started losing his shit as early as 1982. The version I have live (Unleashed in the East) is absolutely unbelievable. I realize he has no tone, but he makes up for it in power and the 75863 octaves he has (had). It's metal, after all. Oh, and another thing. If you watch this, if you were ever a JP fan, if you ever saw them live, was it really a shock when he came out? I mean, there's metal leather, and there's lllllllleatherrrrrr. C'mon, folks. Here it is in 1978. Shit sound, and still not the way I know it. But better.
U2 - this is the best concert DVD ever. And this is why this is the second-best fucking band ever. They give a shit.
Pearl Jam - This chokes me up every time I see it. I'm such a fucking sap. The all-time best.