My town is broken up into 15 voting sections, so I headed over to table 15 and signed the log book as the guy checked off that I was the 84th person to vote that morning at that table. He then gave me a large poster of the ballot layout. This is a souvenir!

I took my place in line and looked around. I saw a lot of smiling faces, a lot of volunteers, and the multigenerational black family (8 people of voting age plus some kids) at table 14. As each one came out of the booth (I think about 5 made it in and out while I waited), the others laughed and applauded and there were tears and group-hugs all around. That was it. I had my election memory. I almost choked up myself.
After the couple in front of me was done, I stepped forward, but back in time:

Levers, baby, levers.
That exact model, too. I flipped my choices, pulled the lever back to the left, and was out of there in no time.
My duty is done. Now I have to sit through work all day, and I can't stand it! I want to time-warp ahead to 9pm tonight.
Andrew Sullivan is collecting stories at his place, and he's had some great reader contributions so far. Check him out. And don't miss his endorsement. It's a great piece.