I've been remiss, but after the first two or three disasters, Saturday Night Live has really picked up the pace.
A quick recap of the season before yesterday:
Ep1: Michael Phelps. Sucked, with few exceptions.
Ep2: James Franco. Sucked, with few exceptions.
Ep3: Anna Faris. Sucked, with few exceptions.
Ep4: Anne Hathaway. That's more like it. Some misses, of course, but I never wondered "who the fuck approved that?!?!"
Ep5: Josh Brolin. This is the one where Sarah Palin was on. I was at the 3 Dorks Down reunion, but watched it later on DVR. Good, smart skits, and Brolin was funny.
Notice a trend here? Good actors, good skits? What a concept!
Ep6: Jon Hamm. Also a good episode. But I must say, Coldplay was the funniest thing here. I have never seen a worse performance in my life. Oh, wait, yes I have. At a KARAOKE night!!! To say Chris Martin can't sing is to say that water is wet. Erica and I were losing our shit, it was so bad.
Ep7: Ben Affleck. Good stuff. Erica and I went out that night, and it was her turn to be driver, so I was pretty shitty when we started this episode. I swore it was Paul Rudd at first. I had some serious beer goggles on. Here is Affleck doing Olbermann:
Good times.
Yesterday:
Ep8: Paul Rudd. Of course it was. I had to listen to Erica "insist" that the host was Ben Affleck all night. Guuuhhhhhh. Here is the Digital Short, which was brilliantly insane as always:
Alrighty then!
Here's Justin Timberlake in a great skit:
And here's Beyonce and her "dancers:"
Beyonce? Yum....
So, we're caught up. They've really picked up the pace since the first three episodes. Good stuff.