Saturday, January 03, 2009

Nectar of the Gods - Part 2

I posted this from my phone Wednesday night, drank another one after that, and gave one to one of the guys that was at that party.

The fourth, I made my first beer of the day. Fresh palate and all.

This immediately makes my top 5 beer list. I just have to figure out where.

All the complexity of a good wine or a good scotch, but a beer first and foremost.

I've had a few beers aged in fresh oak that were OK. I've had a couple beers aged in used whiskey barrels, both of which made me want to puke. I've had a couple beers aged in used wine barrels, one of which was by Dogfish, and they were decent to good.

This thing, though, is pheeeeenomenal. More smells and flavors and layers than you can shake a stick at, in a beer. Perfect. A+.