Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stop! Ninja time.

Ran some errands today, groceries, BJs etc, and stopped at the liquor store. I felt like something different. I didn't know what it was yet, just in a browsing kind of mood.

Wound up with this ($21.99):


Pours perfectly clear, a little thick, with an orange-gold hue.

The nose is huge. Vanilla is by far the dominant note, with a little lime. The vanilla does fade after a few minutes, bringing the lime out a bit more, along with a hint of cinnamon and an alcohol note (at 92 proof, as opposed to the usual 72-80, not surprising).

Decent mouthfeel, more vanilla, a lot more lime,

Goes down very warm (alcohol!), leaving a nice burn on the back of the tongue and a tingle in the cheeks, and goes right to your head.

Not bad at all at the price point, worth trying but nothing special. If I had any actual lime and some Coke, I'd try it in a Cuba Libre. That will have to wait until tomorrow.