Friday, January 02, 2009

Year-end meme, revisited

We're bringing this back, though not much has changed. Why the heck not?

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Attended a Greek Orthodox funeral.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make them. This year, though, I will work out more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My wife's friend Mary.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandfather in Greece.

5. What places did you visit?
Greece, Boston, Philly (twice), Atlantic City.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More money, more time to play golf, more couch time with Erica.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Election Day.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
I don’t really think in those terms. I just do things.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I’ll just keep those private, thanks.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
No major purchases for me. Erica is digging her new smartphone though, that I got her for Christmas.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Erica still cranking away at her second Masters.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Republicans.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, life/disability insurance, gas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I’m a little too mellow for three reallys, but I did take my first vacation in 16 months at the new place, and went to Greece for the first time in 5 years.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Fort Hood.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? even
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Play golf, photography.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Talk about money.

20. How did you spend Christmas last year?
In Greece, just dinner with family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Always.

22. How many one-night stands?
None.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock.

24. What did you do for your birthday in 2008?
The usual. Dinner, etc. That’s always around the time of my party at the Saratoga Racetrack, so I usually have friends up.

25. What was the best book you read?
I'm drawing a blank here. Not a good year for books for me.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rise Against were new to me.

27. What did you want and get?
A new PC.

28. What did you want and not get?
Xbox 360.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don't think I've seen anything released in 2008, but the best movies I saw were Life is Beautiful and Walk on Water.

30. Did you make some new friends this year?
No.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Meh.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Basic. Jeans, polo shirts at home. Slacks and collared shirts at work.

33. What kept you sane?
I’m not sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one comes to mind.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election.

36. Who did you miss?
I sucks that my Dad lives in Greece.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
No one comes to mind.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
None, really.